Marie Brine, Registered Occupational Therapist
Marie Brine graduated as an Occupational Therapist from Dalhousie University in 1985. She was the recipient of the Award of Innovative Practice from the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists in 2008.
Marie provides services as an Occupational Therapist (OT) and a Clinical Care Manager (CCM) for clients with a brain injury, post concussion, mental health issues including PTSD and other trauma disorders and chronic pain. She also works with school-age individuals who have executive function challenges. Services include:
- Energy Management – sleep normalization, self-regulation for calm, alert and grounded state, pacing, tolerance development for sustained mental activity and overall stimulation (light, noise, touch)
- Activity Enhancement – re-engagement through structured scheduling, securing and sustaining commitment, graded involvement, progressive goal setting (PGAP provider), problem solving
- Functional Cognition Training – attention, memory, planning and organization, problem solving, flexibility, processing speed, work adjustment skills, cognitve/behavioral work conditioning
- Administration of the Canadian Occupational Performance Measure (COPM)© – an individualized outcome measure designed for use by Occupational Therapists. The measure is designed to detect change in a client’s self-perception of occupational performance over time. It identifies clients’ perceived performance and satisfaction with this performance.
- Transferrable skills from equine-assisted learning/psychotherapy to applications of self care, leisure and productivity in daily life.
P.O. Box 1101
Cornwall, PEI C0A 1H0
Sandra Fraser, B.Sc.
Sandra Fraser graduated from The PEI School of nursing in 1976 and in 2001 graduated from St. F.X. with her Bachelor of Science in Nursing with distinction. Sandra has been practicing nursing for 37 years and in 2001 started to explore Energy Medicine and is now beginning to practice in the community of Stratford. Sandra is able to give Naturopathic consultations along with:
- Therapeutic TouchTM practitioner
- Reiki level 2 practitioner
- CFQ Qigong level 1 teacher
- TRE facilitator
- Vibrational Energy Therapist
- Psyche K Practitioner
- Holistic Nurse
Sandra is passionate about helping others and obtain relief from pain and anxiety. She has been incorporating holistic nursing into her work in Dialysis for the past 10 years and in the past year has been working with individuals to help release tension anxiety and pain through the above modalities. Sandra recently became a member of the Alliance Professional of Naturopaths and Naturotherapists and is accepted by most extended health insurance policies.
Mary completed her doctorate in Animal Science from the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences in Uppsala, Sweden, then completed a three-year post-doctoral fellowship at the Agricultural University of Norway in Ås, Norway. As a Professor of Animal Science at the Atlantic Veterinary College, University of PEI, Mary has been intrigued by the Human-Animal bond. Animals have always played a huge part of her life and she welcomed the opportunity to become certified in Equine-Assisted Psychotherapy as an Equine Specialist with EAGALA in 2012. Areas of focus in the practice are trauma, PTSD, first responders, anger management, couples therapy, anxiety and depression. In addition, Mary consults in the area of equine nutrition and production.
Daniel Schulman, B.Sc., M.Sc., Dipl.Ac, (NCCAOM), R.Ac. (PEI)
Daniel has two degrees in Environmental Science. He spent 20 years working and writing in that field before ‘changing horses’ and heading to Acupuncture school at the age of 36. He graduated from Boston’s New England School of Acupuncture in 1999 and has had a thriving clinical practice in Charlottetown ever since.
Daniel has studied widely and continues to develop his skills with many of the leaders in his field. He brings all of these powerful influences and his own evolving capacity to his clinical practice. Most Acupuncture available in Prince Edward Island is delivered as an adjunct to something else. Daniel practices Acupuncture exclusively, and as the full systems approach to body, mind and spirit it is designed to be. Practiced at this level, there is no separation between form and function, between body, mind and spirit. We are one whole integrated system. It is the fragmentation of that system, through how we live our lives, that lies at the root of most illness. Delivered by a practitioner with the dedication, commitment and experience Daniel offers, Whole Systems Acupuncture is a powerful tool for supporting the healing path towards integration.
Daniel has published widely in professional and popular journals. He founded and chairs the Association of Registered Acupuncturists of Prince Edward Island. (www.acupuncturepei.com). He has taught Tai Chi, practices Yoga and both practices and teaches Meditation.
44 Grafton Street